Wind Farm Simulator
Learning about the behavior of industrial grade Wind Turbines is a requirement for any one with responsibilities in their management, and a matter of personal security for those that maintain and operate them.
We have developed a line of training material to address these learning needs, grouped under the generic name “Wind Farm Simulator“, focused on:
- Reducing the time and costs associated to the training on the behavior of Wind Turbines.
- Minimizing the risks associated with the personal exposition to abnormal situations (extreme winds, grid failures, overheating of the generator, etc.)
- Presenting the messages that the Wind Turbine Controller generates as result of the creation of failure conditions (in the pitch system, in the hydraulic system, in the yaw system.)
- Exposing the behavior fo the Wind Turbines in an way easy to explore: in normal working conditions, as well as abnormal or in failure situations.
This product line consists of a set of 4 Real Time Simulators, and associated specific Tutorials, that covers:
- Simulator for the Wind Farm SCADA
- Simulator for the family of Wind Turbines that use induction generatos directly connected to the Grid, with control by Active Stall.
- Simulator for the family of Wind Turbines that use also induction generators and perform the control changing its rotor resistance.
- Simulator for the family of Wind Turbines with induction generators combined with Back-to-Back converters, also known as ‘Doubly Fed Induction Generator‘.
There are also a number of web like applications that are used as Guide A web application designed to ease the entry level student: